Monday, September 7, 2015

Pico de gallo

I love everything Mexican and everything tastes better than when you smother it with sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole!! Here is my Pico recipe:

{keep in mind my pictures are for a HUGE batch of pico, I have already adjusted the recipe for you to make a smaller batch!}


First gather all your ingredients. I like to seed my tomatoes so that I don't get all of the juice and seeds in my Pico. Then I dice them pretty small. I like everything about the same size.


Next, dice the onion. I like to make it pretty small also, almost the same size as the tomatoes. I use spanish onions.


Next dice the jalapeno, I usually make these as small as I possibly can cut them. I hate biting into a big piece of a jalapeno. Then mix together with all the remaining ingredients.


Pico de gallo

6-8 roma tomatoes, diced {small oval tomatoes, I used large ones today}
1/2-1 medium onion, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced small
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped up small
1 garlic clove {you can use garlic powder if you don't have fresh garlic}
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour before serving. YUMMO!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment