Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pumpkin Bars

I can't believe I haven't posted this before. These are Tanner's all time FAVORITE dessert. We make them multiple times during the fall season.

PUMPKIN BARS



{from the Jenson Family Cookbook}

2 C Sugar
1 C Oil {I use applesauce}
1 lrg can pumpkin {2 C)
4 Eggs {I only use 2}

Mix above ingredients together until creamy.

Add the following:

2 C Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Nutmeg {I added this}

Mix well. Add 1 C Nuts if desired. I never add nuts. Jason is allergic and Tanner doesn't like them.

Bake on a large jelly roll pan at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.

Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting

3 oz Cream Cheese
6 T Butter
3 C Powdered Sugar
1-2 tsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

Blend together until desired consistency. I add more powdered sugar or milk to get it right.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment