Saturday, November 24, 2012

Olive Garden Soup {Pasta E Fagioli}

Tonight we tried this new soup. I found the recipe HERE and it was SO yummy!


  • 2 lbs. ground beef {I used spicy Italian sausage, so good}
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 carrots, shredded
  • 1 c. celery, chopped
  • 2 (28 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained
  • 1 (16 oz.) can white kidney beans, drained
  • 4 cups beef stock
  • 3 tsp. oregano
  • 2 tsp. pepper
  • 5 tsp. parsley
  • 1 tsp. tabasco sauce
  • 1 (20 oz.) jar Prego traditional spaghetti sauce
  • 8 oz. pasta (I like using ditali pasta)
  • Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain fat. Add beef and all ingredients except the pasta into a large crock pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
  • Before serving, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to soup.
  • I decided to just add my noodles to the crock pot the last 30 minutes, they cooked too much and they soaked up all the liquid. If you are going to add them to the crockpot, you should add 2C water when you add the noodles. I would recommend cooking the noodles separate as she suggests!!

No comments:

Post a Comment