Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Banana Bread

You can see the original recipe from allrecipes.com. I have included my adjustments in italics.


Banana Pumpkin Bread

2 Bananas
2 Eggs
1/3 C Oil {I used apple sauce}
1 1/3 C {10oz} Pumpkin
1/2 C Honey
1/2 C Sugar {I used splenda}
2 1/2 C Flour {I used 1 1/2 whole wheat flour}
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg {I added the nutmeg}

Mix together Bananas, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey and sugar. Mix well. Combine all dry ingredients and spices together and mix well. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well blended.

I decided to add a package of chocolate chips because I thought it needed them. I doubled the recipe and used one package of chocolate chips and I feel like there were plenty. You would probably only want 1/2 of a package if you only make one loaf.

Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. {I had to bake mine for over an hour, but I had two in the oven at the same time.}

Makes 1 loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment