Thursday, July 6, 2017

Rice Crispy Treats

How hard can they be, right? Why do I need to put them on here, and why is it the first time I've posted in almost two years.....well, life has a way of getting in the way and it's done just that for two years now. I can't promise I'll post on here very often, but every once in a while I think of something that I should save just in case I forget how to make it....especially now that I don't have my mom to ask :(

So, here is my version of Rice Crispy Treats. They are AMAZING and I highly recommend these changes, every time I take them somewhere they are devoured!! I love the addition of the marshmallow pieces!

Ingredients

1 stick of butter
1 bag of large marshmallows
1 bag of mini marshmallows
8-9 cups of rice crispy cereal

Directions

In a large bowl measure out 8-9 cups of rice crispy cereal and half of the bag of mini marshmallows and mix up a little.

In a large sauce pan, melt butter, I like to melt it until the particles separate and it becomes brown butter, if you've never done this before HERE are some instructions. Once melted, add the entire bag of large marshmallows, and the other half of the bag of mini marshmallows into the pan and leave the heat on VERY low. Stir until all the marshmallows are melted.

Pour mixture over rice cripy cereal and mix well until all coated.

Press into 9x13 pan and let cool.

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment